1tirô‘Digging is hard work’ — Go êpa ke tirô e thata
- something you have to do that needs effort or energy
- a job
3tirô‘The teacher marked our work’ — Morutabana o tshwaile tirô ya rona
- something produced by work
4tirô‘the works of William Shakespeare’ — ditirô tsa ga William Shakespeare
- a piece of writing, painting, music, etc.
lediriworked, working, works
- do work
2bêrêka‘She works in a bank’ — O bêrêka kwa bankeng
- have a job
- be employed
3bêrêka‘Is the lift working?’ — A lefiti e a bêrêka?
- act or operate correctly or successfully
4baakanyadirisa‘Can you work the lift?’ — A o kgona go dirisa lefiti?
- make something act
5dubabopa‘Work the mixture into a paste’ — Duba motswakô gore o nne bomôtô
- shape and press
6tsamaela mo mannong mangwe‘The screw had worked loose’ — Sepekere se ne se somogile
- gradually move into a particular position