- a spot, dot, line, or stain on something
- a number or letter put on a piece of work to show how good it is
3sesupô‘They all stood as a mark of respect’ — Ba ne ba êma botlhe e le sesupô sa tlotlô
- a sign or symbol
ledirimarks, marking, marked
- put a mark on something
- give a mark to a piece of work
3êla tlhôkô‘Mark my words!’ — Ela tlhôkô mafoko a me!
- pay attention to something
4nna gaufi le motshameki wa setlhôpha se sengwe mo kgweleng ya dinao
- keep close to an opposing player in football, etc.